A Rough & Dirty Daily Planner (WIP – Basic Mechanics)
Talk to townsfolk every chance you get – Some quest markers randomly get initiated by chatting up townsfolk.
Twirine Hidden Markers:
Twirine Drinks = Secrets??? – So far it only has 3 uses
1) Boosts Immunity
2) Hidden Dialogue – ex/ Use it with store keepers and bar keeper to predict next day’s inflated prices??? (not 100% sure on this one)
3) Shows 1 hidden cashe around the map (IMPORTANT – LEAVE SOMETHING NEW BEHIND IN THE CHEST, ITS A HIDDEN RULE EXPLAINED IN A DAY 2 QUEST)
- TIP – Speak to all NPC’s twice, make it a habbit to press ‘E’ to initiate a second/third conversation TIP – Press CTRL to use your guide senses to check for more interactions.
Game Mechanics :
- The game does a good job of giving a basic tutorial. But then again, it is told in the Pathologic vague-wording-mumbo-jumbo leaving all the intermediate knowledge in the shadows. You will have to play around and reload to to become efficient with these new features and core strategies.
- Figure it out yourself. Try not to die. The first 2 days in Pathologic are very beginner friendly.
- Scarcity/Demand have a strong influence in this game. As the city becomes more desperate, resources become scarce, prices start to skyrocket. Unless you use twirine, you will never know what challenges the next day will bring *cries RNG tears*
Movement vs Speed:
- You have 3 options, you can walk, run, or take the Ferry (costs 1 fingernail). It is up to each player to find their own source of finger nails.
- You can pause time by pressing escape, fast forward with sleep, and rewind by save scumming. Time is your number 1 enemy in this game.
Infection and your Friends:
- You can use Schmowder Powder to cure infected main characters (shows portraits on the list menu – when you press ‘L’), but any other infected NPCs will probably die. I have not reached the official ‘cure’ yet.
Day 1 – Act 1
GIPHY App Key not set. Please check settings